Are you planning to give the SAT exam 2020 for getting in your preferred school? Then you must be wondering what a good SAT Score is? SAT or Scholastic Assessment Test is required to get into the colleges and universities worldwide. Globally, colleges and universities accept SAT Score for giving admission to college applicants. College Board .
SAT Scoring System
Before starting with SAT preparation, students should know the SAT score range for determining a good SAT score.
The SAT exam has two sections –
- EBRW (Reading + Writing), and
- Composite Math (Mathematics).
These two sections ranges is 200-800 point scale, for a score of 400-1600 i.e. SAT Total score.
There are additional Sub-scores on a scale of 1-15 and Cross-Test Score 10-40. The scores of the candidate reflect on how he/she can be compared with other students who attempted the SAT test.
Good SAT Score for college admissions
- For many top-level colleges accept a score of 1400 or more as a good score.
- For a mid-level university, anywhere between 1200 & 1400 can be considered as good.
- And for those who want to go to a community college, the score of 1000 – 1200 can also work.
As College Board they have clarified that just a good SAT score is not a guarantee for admission in a good college or university. Your complete application should match complete college requirements like your overall profile, admission essays, GPA, etc.
To score high students can use Socrato to practice online and get insights beyond scores. Socrato’s Companion Series helps you get the most from your Official Study Guide.