Once you apply to college, you’ll need to complete an essay as part of your application. Your essay reveals something important about you that your grades and test scores cannot-your personality.
It can give admission officers a sense of who you are and to provide information about yourself that didn’t fit in other areas of your application. The essay also tells what you can do when you have time to think and work on a writing project. Advice from admission officers about your essay is “Be yourself and “Start early.”
Effective Application Essay Tips
- Get started by thinking
- About your personality traits.
- Define your strength.
- Let your first draft flow
- Create an outline.
- Just get your ideas.
- Prepare three essay parts
- Be specific
- Taking a specific angel.
- Be truthful
- Answer the question honestly.
- Get advice
- Show your draft to family, friends or teachers.
- Proofread and make amendments
- Check for typos and spelling and grammar errors.
To score high students can use Socrato to practice online and get insights beyond scores. Socrato’s Companion Series helps you get the most from your Official Study Guide.