The SAT is a standardized test that assesses a student’s skills in four core areas: Reading, Writing & Language, Math, and Essay (optional). It’s important to stay calm and relaxed during the test. SAT exam held on 12th March 2022.
There are some helpful tips and strategies you can apply on test day.
How to fill the Bubble sheet
- Mark the circles in the ID section. One circle per row.
- Mark the circles in the Name section (First, Middle, and last name)
- No points will be earned if the circle is marked half or some line.
- No point will be earned if multiple circles are marked in a row.
- Mark the circles with a #2HB pencil.
- Mark no more than one circle per column.
- There are no negative answers (since there is no way to bubble in a negative sign).
- You’ll never include pi in your answer; you’ll use a decimal. For example, 3? would be written as 9.425.
- You can write answers as fractions or decimals, but you cannot use mixed numbers. For example, 3 ½ would need to grid in as either 3.5 or 7/2, since the grading machine will read 31/2.
- Write your answers in the boxes above the grid to avoid errors in the gridding.
- Some questions may have more than one correct answer.
- Know the gridding rules before taking the test.
Strategy to answer the questions –
- Review all the questions first in each section.
- Mark the easy, difficult and unknown questions.
- In SATs usually, easy questions are preceded by hard questions, answer all the easy questions first.
- Read the hard questions at least a couple of times to understand the question correctly.
- Manage your time while test-taking, spend a few moments on easy questions, spend the rest of the time on hard questions.
- Eliminate the incorrect answers so you can narrow down the correct answer selection.
- All the questions will have only one correct answer.
- There is no penalty for incorrect answers, so Do NOT SKIP the questions guess the correct answers.
Important things during the Test Day
Pack your bag
- Photo ID (the driver’s license, School Id, etc.).
- Keep the printed copy of the admission ticket.
- #2 HB sharpened pencil, least five pencils, and an eraser.
- Calculator – make sure it has a new battery and is functional (can be used in Math-calc section).
- Water bottle or any drink as per your liking.
- Do not take any full test or section test.
- If you insist on studying, review the cheat sheet and spend only 30 minutes.
- Stay relaxed and do relax activities like walking, yoga, watching favorite TV shows, etc. Only for 30 minutes, no more than 1 hour.
- Eat a light and healthy dinner.
- Go to bed early.
- Listen and follow the proctor’s instructions carefully.
- Set the timer/clock for each section 5 times less than the end time.
- Remember to review all the answers before moving to the next test section.
- You will get a 10-minute break and a 5-minute break. Go out and have snacks or drink or socialize a little bit. Do not discuss anything related to the test.
- Do not move to the next section until the proctor instructs.