In a temporary relief to students with Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) cards, only nine OCI (Overseas Citizenship of India) students to appear for the Joint Entrance Examinations (JEE) for seeking admissions to Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs) and Indian Institutes of Information Technologies (IIITs).
NRI can appear for the IIT-JEE. The eligibility criteria quoted by them is:-
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central/ state Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi;
- Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International.
- Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- S.C. vocational examination.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least 3 year duration.
- Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
So, you have your category there. You can apply for her online as well as offline. The procedure has not yet started. The online registration starts from October while the offline process starts from November.
Now, students from 9 countries can appear directly for JEE (advanced)
- Sri Lanka
- the UAE
Students from these countries will be allowed to directly appear for the JEE (advanced) test, skipping the JEE (main) that Indian students have to take.
Source: 1. https://www.iitm.ac.in/sites/default/files/uploads/adm._pro._for_foreign_nationals.pdf