2020 SAT testing will held on Saturday, 14 March. You only have a couple days before the SAT or maybe less than a day! And you’re determined to ace this test! Whether you’re looking for last-minute study tips, advice on how to prepare the day of the test, or test-taking strategies to maximize your scores.
Tips for the Day before Test
- It is important to be well rested.
- Make sure to get a good night’s sleep in the few days before the test.
- Take a proper diet right before the test.
Stress can negatively affect test prep
- Being too stressed about the exam can negatively affect your performance.
- Be aware of whatever nervousness you’re feeling.
- Occupy some time each day relaxing.
Imagine a successful experience
- You also know where you are strong and where you are weak.
- Picture yourself positively answering questions correctly, and smoothly.
Tips for the Examination Hall
Use process of removal
- Crossing out choices as you go along really helps when you get that feeling that you might need to guess.
- If you have no knowledge how to answer a question, try to eliminate any obviously wrong choices.
Cover up the answers
- Always try to come up with an answer on your own before you even look at the choices.
Pace and Trust yourself
- Skip questions that are going to take longer.
Bubble in groups
- Complete at least five questions, and then bubble the answers in on the answer sheet.
- It will also save time.
Use any extra time cleverly
- If you find yourself with extra time at the end of a section, make good use of it.
- Make sure your answer choices are in the right bubbles.
To score high students can use Socrato to practice online and get insights beyond scores. Socrato’s Companion Series helps you get the most from your Official Study Guide.