It is almost time for the next ACT – December 10, 2022 is the date set. It is expected that most of the registered students have practiced and prepared for the test by now. This way, they will not be under tremendous pressure during the last days before the test.
Here are some last-minute ACT tips to help you ace the test!
Easy Tips for ACT 2022 Test Prep
- Get ready for the ACT test by taking a full examination from “The Official ACT Prep Guide” this weekend.
- You can check the Socrato bubble sheet scoring tool or the ACT bubble sheet scoring tool to grade the bubble sheet.
- Compare the targeted score with the achieved score.
- Analyze the subjects and topics to practice to achieve the target score.
- Review that topic and practice questions of those topics.
- Record each question time and section-time.
- You should be able to finish each section a few minutes before the time.
- Prepare a cheat sheet or summary notes.
- Take a complete break few days before the test.
- Just review a cheat sheet one day before the test day.
Tips before Test Day
- Do not take any full-length test or section test.
- If you insist on studying, review the cheat sheet and spend only 30 minutes.
- Stay relaxed and do relaxing activities like walk, yoga, watch favorite TV shows, etc. Only for 30 minutes, no more than 1 hour.
- Eat a light and healthy dinner.
- Go to bed early.
Morning of the Test Day
- Wake up early, do 5 – 10 minutes breaking exercise.
- Take a shower to feel completely awake.
- Eat a healthy breakfast.
- Leave early to reach 20 minutes before the check-in time.
- Wear a watch or carry a clock to track the time.
- Make sure you bring a facemask, sanitizer.
What to Bring in Bag pack:
There are only a few things you really need to bring on test day, and a lot of things you’ll be better off leaving at home. Be sure to bring.
- Photo ID (the driver’s license, School Id, etc.).
- Keep the printed copy of the admission ticket.
- #2 HB sharpened pencil, least five pencils, and an eraser.
- Calculator – make sure it has a new battery and functional (can be used in Math-calc section).
- Water bottle or any drink as per your liking.
Strategy to answer the questions:
- Review all the questions first in each section.
- Mark the easy, difficult and unknown questions.
- In ACTs usually, easy questions are preceded by hard questions, answer all the easy questions first.
- Make sure you understand the hard questions at least two or three times.
- Manage your time while test-taking, spend a few moments on easy questions, spend the rest time on hard questions.
- Eliminate the incorrect answers so you can narrow down the correct answer selection.
- All the questions will have only one right answer.
- There is no penalty for wrong answers, so Do NOT SKIP the questions guess the correct answers.
- Finally, the bonus tip is usually your first response is correct.