The eligibility criteria for JEE Advanced 2018 has been announced. The good news is, next year more number of candidates would be eligible to sit for JEE Advanced than in 2017. The number of candidates who qualify JEE Main and will be considered eligible to sit for JEE Advanced 2018 has been increased to 2,24,000, that is the top 2,24,000 candidates in JEE Main 2018 will be considered eligible for JEE Advanced 2018. However, qualifying JEE Main 2018 is not the only eligibility criteria.
- The candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1993.
- A relaxation of five years is given to SC, ST and PwD candidates.
Number of Attempts
- A candidate can attempt JEE Advanced a maximum of two times in consecutive years.
Class 12 Board Exam
- The candidate should have appeared in class 12 board exam for the first time either in 2017 or 2018.
- In case the board had declared the result for academic year 2015-16 after June 2016, then candidate of that board will also be considered eligible.
Class 12 Board Exam Percentage
- The candidate should have scored or should score 75% marks in aggregate in class 12 board exam.
- For SC, ST, and PwD candidates should have 65% marks in aggregate.
To learn more about JEE scoring report please download Socrato e-Book “All About India Exam-IIT JEE”.