Overview: A High School Placement Test (HSPT) is an admissions test taken by eighth graders seeking admission to Catholic high schools. HSPT are given to individuals entering grade 9. It has been used since 1955. Scholastic Testing Service, Inc. develops and administers exams used by schools to make admissions decisions, place applicants, and award scholarships. Each spring and fall, the test is given. It is a multiple-choice exam, and it lasts two and a half hours. There are almost 300 questions, covering Verbal Skills, Math, Quantitative Skills, Language, and Reading.
Enhance Your HSPT Score with Peterson
In order to succeed, you’ll need accurate, reliable, high-quality education content from Peterson Publishing. Peterson’s course is the best way to level up your HSPT preparation based on the following reasons:
- HSPT full-length practice tests online with everything you need to prepare for the exam.
- HSPT practice exams aligned with the official test.
- HSPT prep strategy, instructional content, and ample practice opportunities are included in this comprehensive online course.
- Learn how to master each section of the HSPT exam with over 80 interactive topic lessons and videos.
- Exam content, how much time you’ll have to answer questions, and how to create a winning game plan.
Here are Peterson’s tips for acing the HSPT exam
- An effective HSPT prep strategy, instructional content, and plenty of practice are essential.
- Peterson’s test prep experts have created 80 carefully crafted interactive topic lessons and videos.
- There are five full-length, online practice tests aligned with the official HSPT.
- There are over 1000 vocabulary flashcards that test your knowledge of synonyms and antonyms.
You can see how quickly you can unravel like this. Before you know it, you are scoring way worse than you ever did on a practice test. Grade your practice test bubble sheet online to get a detailed Socrato diagnostic report.