The SAT Suite of Assessments’ College and Career Readiness Benchmarks work together to help students and educators assess student progress toward college readiness from year to year. Benchmarks help:
Benchmarks can help educators:
- Identify students who are on track for success in college and career readiness.
- Identify students who may need extra support while there is still time for improvement.
- Find students who may be ready for more challenging course work.
Benchmarks are set at the section level (Math, Evidence-Based Reading and Writing) for each assessment and represent increasing levels of achievement as students’ progress from grade eight through grade 12.
Score reports use colors to show how students’ section scores relate to the SAT or grade-level benchmark.
- Green: The section score meets or exceeds the benchmark.
- Yellow: The section score is within one year’s academic growth of the benchmark.
- Red: The section score is below the benchmark by more than one year’s academic growth.
Benchmark Values and Section Score Ranges
|Benchmarks||Evidence-Based Reading and Writing||Math|
|SAT College and Career Readiness Benchmarks||480||530|
|11th Grade Benchmarks||460||510|
|10th Grade Benchmarks||430||480|
|9th Grade Benchmarks||410||450|
|8th Grade Benchmarks||390||430|
To learn more about new scoring report please download Socrato e-Book “Understanding New SAT Report”.