In an official notification related to JEE Main 2017, it has been announced that the scanned images of OMR answer sheets of the candidates and answer keys will be uploaded on the official web portal of JEE Main at jeemain.nic.in, today (18 April 2017). This is for those candidates who had appeared for the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) 2017 in pen and paper mode on 2 April 2017. They can access the above mentioned options from 18 April 2017 (today). The options will be available in the web portal till 22 April 2017.
• All the candidates who appeared in pen and paper based examination of JEE (Main) 2017 (Paper- I) held on 02/04/2017 are informed that the scanned images of OMR answer sheets of the candidates with their recorded responses and answer keys will be uploaded on the website www.jeemain.nic.in from 18/04/2017 to 22/04/2017. Such candidates are allowed to challenge the recorded responses if these differ from the ones they had marked on the OMR sheet.
• The challenge of recorded responses of OMR answer sheets and answer keys will be accepted online only, through the link available on the website of JEE (Main) www.jeemain.nic.in latest by 22/04/2017 (upto 11.59 PM). The challenges submitted by post or in person will not be accepted. The prescribed fee of Rs. 1000/- per recorded response/per question challenged will be required to be submitted through Credit/Debit Card, Paytm & SBI Buddy by 22/04/2017 (upto 11.59 PM).
• If the challenge is accepted by the Board i.e. if the recorded response is not the same as marked by the candidate on OMR sheet, the correction will be done and the fee will be refunded. In case, any registered candidate does not submit the challenge by the prescribed date and time, it will be presumed that his/her recorded response is the same as marked on OMR sheet. The CBSEs decision on the challenges shall be final and no further communication will be entertained.
• Similarly, if the challenge of answer key is accepted by the Board i.e. if any mistake is noticed by the subject experts in the answer key, a policy decision will be notified on the website and the fee shall be refunded. The CBSEs decision on the challenges shall be final and no further communication will be entertained.
• The question paper and marked responses in respect of candidates, who have appeared for computer based examination of JEE (Main) 2017 have already been sent on their registered mail IDs so no challenge of recorded response will be accepted from such candidates. However, these candidates may also challenge answer keys as per the procedure mentioned in the 2nd para but before submitting challenge they have to verify the sequence of questions and answer options of their question paper (sent to them through email)with the question paper available on the website.