Out of 13 lakh competitors who showed up for JEE Main in 2017, only 10, 500 made it to the IITs. Aspirants, who didn’t make it to the elite institute shouldn’t worry or feel down. Remember, a lot can be accomplished without the ‘IIT’ tag. Even if you were not able to clear JEE, it won’t make a much difference. There are numerous options available for you. Listed below are some of the options you may want to consider:
- There is dependably another opportunity
- Prepare well for the examination and appear confidently the next year.
- Go for alternative promising courses.
- Students nowadays are subjects like Economics, Statistics or Math.
- Pursue a creative course alongside: Creative skills are in high demand among the employers.
- Jump at the second-best college
- Colleges like NITs, NSIT & DTU are the best alternatives.
- A seat in IIITs, and BITS Pilani can still be a good choice for the career field you choose.
- State universities are another best option
- You might find it easier to get admission in State Universities or their constituent colleges.
- There are several private and deemed universities and renowned engineering colleges that provide good placements.
I might want to finish up by putting over a basic message to students who haven’t been able to make the cut at any of the IITs. It is certainly not the end of the world. At the expense of sounding clichéd, I firmly believe that if the IIT doors are shut for you, there are several other windows of marvelous and exciting opportunities that await you. Instead of brooding over not making it into the IITs, explore these avenues with energy, alacrity and knowledge and you are sure to make a success out of whatever you do!